Last chance for The Blasphemous Tome issue 3!
We currently putting the finishing touches to the latest issue of The Blasphemous Tome. This is the print-only fanzine we produce exclusively for Patreon backers of The Good Friends of Jackson Elias.
- $1 backers will receive one copy
- $3 backers will receive one signed copy
- $5 backers will receive two copies, one of which will be signed
Barring last-minute delays, backers should receive their copies with their Christmas cards. It doesn’t get any more festive than that!
We plan on posting the Christmas cards on the 11th of December. That said, we will carry on sending copies of the Tome to anyone who becomes a backer before the end of the year.
What is The Blasphemous Tome?
The Blasphemous Tome is our attempt to recapture the spirit of gaming fanzines of the 1980s, staples, wonky layout and all. For maximum verisimilitude, we make Matt use Courier for the body text, even though this makes him cry. Some of the paste marks on the pages may actually be tear stains.
The Blasphemous Tome only exists in a physical form. There were no PDFs in the 1980s. They were dark times.
We print enough copies for our backers, with a few spares as prizes for charity raffles, review copies and the like.
What’s in this issue?
This issue sees the return of a few regular columns, as well as some new features. Once again, we also have contributions from our wonderful and talented listeners.
One major change is that this is the first Tome to be officially licensed by Chaosium! This means that we are able to include content specifically for Call of Cthulhu. We have taken advantage of this and written a new Pulp Cthulhu scenario, called A New Age of Wonders! As heavy snows descend, festivities at a ritzy New Year’s Eve party in Vermont soon turn to death and madness. The heroes will have to grapple with mad science, horrible monsters and a sinister plot that threatens humanity’s very existence.
And of course, we have art. The issue is filled with excellent and atmospheric work by Lucy Fricker, Daupo, Evlyn Moreau, Symon Leech and Linus Larsson.
Once again, we have an amazing cover from good friend of the Good Friends, Jonathan Wyke. Jonathan has illustrated many of the books we’ve done for Chaosium, and we are always excited to see him bring our fevered imaginings to unwholesome life.
- Paul shares his fond memories of Necronomicon 2017
- Matt Ryan and Noah Lloyd present two Great Old Ones of apocalyptic might
- Paul, Matt and Scott discuss their favourite games of the past year in The Ludomancers
- Matt makes your liver whimper for mercy in Cocktail Corner
- Elina Gouliou suggests some unusual and piscine game concepts in Three Seafood LARPs
- Paul examines another artefact of the 1970s in Vinyl Corner
- Jason Janicki presents a shuddersome horror vignette called Technical Difficulties
- In The Sanderson Collection, Matt discusses some limited editions of interest
- Scott presents an overview of the Netflix Original horror films on offer
- Matt punishes one of his misbehaving dice in Die, Die, Die!
- Paul, Matt and Scott reminisce about their favourite recordings of the year in Episodes of Insanity
- Matt earns more dirty looks from Scott in Plush of the Month
- Trevor Hirst presents a nasty way to bind a group of investigators together in Something is Rotten in the Root Cellar
- Scott reviews Nathan Ballingrud’s excellent short story collection, North American Lake Monsters
Getting your copy
We only produce The Blasphemous Tome for our Patreon backers. We do not sell copies directly.
If you want the latest issue, simply back us on Patreon at any level by the end of the year.