The Blasphemous Tome is the semi-annual fanzine that we create for Patreon backers of The Good Friends of Jackson Elias podcast. It contains articles about RPGs, horror films and weird fiction, not to mention plenty of sanity-blasting artwork and original content for the Call of Cthulhu roleplaying game.
Everyone backing us via Patreon by the end of December 2022 will receive the Tome.
- $1 backers will receive a PDF copy
- $3 backers will receive a PDF copy and a voucher for a print-on-demand issue
- $5 backers will receive a PDF copy and a printed copy, signed by the Good Friends
A Brand-New Call of Cthulhu scenario
Featured in this issue is a new Call of Cthulhu scenario by our very own Matt Sanderson, entitled “Educement”.
A group of strangers find themselves caught in a nightmare dreamscape, hunted by something beyond human imagining. Is there any way out or are they doomed to wander eternally in a shifting world of madness?
The cover comes from our good friend John Sumrow, whose work has graced many previous Tomes. We also have illustrations from some favourite eldritch artists, including Evan Dorkin, Daniel Harila, Nefeli Mandilaras, Jason Shepherd and Freya Stack.
Other articles in this issue include:
- Arkham’s Razor
- John Hagan shares an evocative and suitably weird piece of Lovecraftian poetry
- Cocktail Corner
- Matt Sanderson offers us a tasty cocktail of his own devising
- A full-length modern-day Call of Cthulhu scenario by Matt Sanderson
- Coma Dreams and Delirium
- Matt Sanderson reveals the terrifying reality behind his scenario
- The Doom-Love of Lith part 3
- We conclude Gaspard du Nord’s strange tale of the most powerful sorcerer in all Hyperborea
- The Ludomancers
- The Good Friends each share their favourite gaming experience of the year
- Is It Lovecraftian?
- Greg Osborne tackles the big question that haunts us all
- The Sanderson Collection
- Matt Sanderson offers us another peek into his library of limited-edition RPGs
- Episodes of Insanity
- The Good Friends muse on the episodes which meant most to them this year
We create The Blasphemous Tome for all the wonderful people who back us via Patreon. Please check out our Patreon page for details of other rewards we offer our backers.
The Blasphemous Tome is licensed for the Call of Cthulhu roleplaying game by Chaosium, inc.