As we mentioned in our latest episode, we have started work on issue 4 of The Blasphemous Tome. This is the old-school fanzine we put together for Patreon backers of The Good Friends of Jackson Elias. If you would like to know more, please check out our page about the Tome.
This issue will feature “The Hero Affirmed”, a brand new Call of Cthulhu scenario from our own Matt Sanderson!
Once again, we are aiming to release the Tome along with the Christmas cards we send to all our backers. If you are a backer between publication (late November) and the end of the year, we will send you at least one copy. Our page about the Tome has full details about who will receive what.
If you would like to submit a short article (up to 500 words) or some black-and-white artwork, we would love to hear from you! The Blasphemous Tome is licensed by Chaosium, so we are able to include stats and other game mechanics for Call of Cthulhu. The deadline for submissions is the end of October.
The current table of contents goes something like this:
- The Ludomancers
- Our favourite game sessions of the past year
- Cocktail Corner
- Matt shares another recipe that man was not meant to know
- Mythos Fiction: The Sixties and Seventies
- Scott’s series of story recommendations continues
- The Hero Affirmed
- A brand new, full-length Call of Cthulhu scenario from Matt Sanderson
- Vinyl Corner
- Paul discusses another musical artefact from the 1970s
- The Sanderson Collection
- Matt reveals another rarity from the dusty corners of his bookshelves
- 2018: A Year in Horror Films
- Scott talks about the films that impressed and disappointed him this year
- Episodes of Insanity
- Some background on our favourite episodes of 2018
- Die, Die, Die!
- Matt punishes another die that failed him
- Plush of the Month
- Matt makes Scott sad
- Strange Eons
- Scott offers an overview of Robert Bloch’s unjustly forgotten Mythos novel
We shall update this list as we receive more submissions.