Issue 4.5 of The Blasphemous Tome is out!
The Blasphemous Tome is the regular fanzine that we create for Patreon backers of The Good Friends of Jackson Elias podcast. It contains plenty of sanity-blasting content for the Call of Cthulhu roleplaying game, along with original artwork, fiction, reviews and many other articles.
Unlike previous Tomes, issue 4.5 is a PDF, not a print publication. This is a special interim edition, packed with articles we couldn’t fit in issue 4 and lots of new content.
Issue 5, due later this year, will be print-only as usual.
Everyone backing us via Patreon by the end of July will receive a digital copy of issue 4.5.
Featured in this issue is a brand-new Call of Cthulhu scenario by our very own Paul Fricker, titled “Fall Out”.
Jonathan Weisner has taken hostages and is holed up at his country house in Massachusetts. Elements of the past are about to mix with the present, leaving the investigators to pick up the pieces.
The cover comes from John Sumrow, one of our favourite eldritch artists. There is plenty of interior artwork too, featuring pieces from Evan Dorkin, Emily Fricker and more from John Sumrow.
The articles in this issue include:
- Sounds Alarming
- Scott offers troubling insights into the noises we make for our backer songs
- Cocktail Corner
- Another of Matt’s favourite cocktail recipes, along with a little history about the drink in question
- “Fall Out”
- A brand-new modern-day Call of Cthulhu scenario from Paul
- “Diary of an Unnamed Corpse”
- An eerie tale of black magic set in 1920s Vienna, by Joerg Sterner
- The Sanderson Collection
- Matt reveals another rarity from the dusty corners of his library
- Secrets of Milton Keynes
- Scott presents the first in a series of Call of Cthulhu scenario hooks set in the home town of the Good Friends
- Possible Worlds and Realism
- Grant Dowell offers techniques for making our game worlds more realistic by using formal logic
- The Forgotten
- A macabre weird tale by Scott
How Do I Get a Copy?
If you would like to receive your copy of The Blasphemous Tome 4.5, all you have to do is back us on Patreon at any level before the end of July 2019.
Please note that we do not sell copies of The Blasphemous Tome. It is purely a reward for the wonderful people who back us via Patreon.
The Blasphemous Tome is licensed for the Call of Cthulhu roleplaying game by Chaosium, inc.