Issue 5 of The Blasphemous Tome is going to press!
This is the print-only fanzine that we create for Patreon backers of The Good Friends of Jackson Elias podcast. It contains articles about RPGs, horror films and weird fiction, not to mention plenty of sanity-blasting artwork and original content for the Call of Cthulhu roleplaying game.
Everyone backing us via Patreon by the end of December 2019 will receive at least one copy of the Tome.
- $1 backers receive one copy
- $3 backers receive one signed copy
- $5 backers receive two copies, one signed
Featured in this issue is a new Call of Cthulhu scenario by our very own Matt Sanderson, titled “Number 22”.
A new family is moving into number 22. The circumstances of how the house came onto the market are tragic but a good deal is hard to turn down. If only this new home were as welcoming as the neighbours. Horror abounds as as cosmic weirdness bleeds into the cosiness of suburban life.
The cover comes from our good friend Jonathan Wyke, whose work adorns many of our past issues. We also have illustrations from some favourite eldritch artists, including Daupo, Evan Dorkin, Lucy Fricker, Nefeli Mandilaras and John Sumrow.
Other articles in this issue include:
- The Ludomancers
- Our favourite game sessions of the past year
- Cocktail Corner
- Matt renews his assault upon our livers
- Number 22
- A brand new, full-length Call of Cthulhu scenario from Matt Sanderson
- Cosmic Rationality
- Grant Dowell mutates logical paradox into cosmic horror
- Nameless Dread
- Piers Connolly explores the Lovecraftian horror at the heart of child development
- Episodes of Insanity
- Our favourite episodes of 2019
- Eternity: A Manifesto
- Scott offers a dangerous insight into the nature of time
If you would like to receive one or more copies of The Blasphemous Tome, all you have to do is back us on Patreon before the end of December 2019. If you are a backer at the $3 level or higher before we ship our first batch in late November, you will also receive one of our custom, Mythos-themed Christmas cards. Even unspeakable horrors deserve some festive cheer.
Please note that we do not sell copies of The Blasphemous Tome. It is purely a reward for the wonderful people who back us via Patreon.
The Blasphemous Tome is licensed for the Call of Cthulhu roleplaying game by Chaosium, inc.