The Blasphemous Tome is the annual print-only fanzine that we create for Patreon backers of The Good Friends of Jackson Elias podcast. It contains articles about RPGs, horror films and weird fiction, not to mention plenty of sanity-blasting artwork and original content for the Call of Cthulhu roleplaying game.
Everyone backing us via Patreon by the end of December 2020 will receive at least one copy of the Tome.
- $1 backers will receive one copy
- $3 backers will receive one signed copy
- $5 backers will receive two copies, one signed
A Brand-New Call of Cthulhu scenario
Featured in this issue is a new Call of Cthulhu scenario by our very own Paul Fricker, titled “Of This Men Shall Know Nothing”.
In the last days of the Second World War, a small team of soldiers head behind enemy lines as part of Operation Varsity. The situation quickly spirals out of control, however, and they find themselves seeking shelter at a small farmhouse. Is the situation there any safer than the battle outside? What ancient secrets does the area hold? And will our heroes be able to keep their heads when all around are losing theirs?
The cover comes from our good friend John Sumrow, whose work adorns many of our past issues. We also have illustrations from some favourite eldritch artists, including Danial Carroll, Evan Dorkin, Lucy Fricker, Bethan Harris, Symon Leech, Nefeli Mandilaras, John Sumrow and Jonathan Wyke.
Other articles in this issue include:
- The Ludomancers
- The Good Friends talk about their favourite gaming sessions of the year
- The Sanderson Collection
- Matt tantalises us with another glimpse into his gaming library
- Gruesome Concepts
- Grant Dowell mutates another logical paradox into cosmic horror
- Of This Men Shall Know Nothing
- A brand new, full-length Call of Cthulhu scenario by Paul Fricker
- Cocktail Corner
- Matt tempts us with another snippet of cocktail history and a recipe to match
- Episodes of Insanity
- The Good Friends share more insights into their favourite episodes of the year
- Paperbacks From Hell
- Scott presents an overview of Valancourt Books’ Paperbacks From Hell reprint line
Please note that we do not sell copies of The Blasphemous Tome. It is purely a reward for the wonderful people who back us via Patreon.
The Blasphemous Tome is licensed for the Call of Cthulhu roleplaying game by Chaosium, inc.