The Blasphemous Tome is the semi-annual fanzine that we create for Patreon backers of The Good Friends of Jackson Elias podcast. It contains articles about RPGs, horror films and weird fiction, not to mention plenty of sanity-blasting artwork and original content for the Call of Cthulhu roleplaying game.
Everyone backing us via Patreon by the end of June 2021 will receive the Tome.
- $1 backers will receive a PDF copy
- $3 backers will receive a PDF copy and a voucher for a print-on-demand issue
- $5 backers will receive a PDF copy and a printed copy, signed by the Good Friends
A Brand-New Call of Cthulhu scenario
Featured in this issue is a new Call of Cthulhu scenario by our very own Matthew Sanderson, entitled “The Blue”.
It is the near future, in the aftermath of the global pandemic. The investigators have been hired by the Bahamas National Trust to conduct a survey of a newly formed blue hole near Conception Island. If the site is declared safe and stable, the intention is to market it as a new dive site, thus attracting tourists and providing a much-needed boost to the local economy. If only they knew what was waiting down in the blue…
The cover comes from our good friend John Sumrow, whose work adorns many of our past issues. We also have illustrations from some favourite eldritch artists, including Evan Dorkin, Lucy Fricker, Nefeli Mandilaras and John Sumrow.
Other articles in this issue include:
- Dr Kristaps
- A mind-bendingly weird short story from Noah Lloyd
- Two-Fisted Horror
- Evan Perlman discusses how to add a little noir to your Call of Cthulhu games
- The Blue
- A brand new, full-length Call of Cthulhu scenario by Matthew Sanderson
- Journal of Forensic Medicine, September 2021 (2): 20-27
- Aref Dyer reveals the strange autopsies of three even stranger subjects
- This Tome Will Change Your Life
- Paul discusses how books can shape tender young minds
- Inverted Mythos
- Greg Osborne examines how Lovecraft’s creation is the opposite of mythology
Please note that we do not sell copies of The Blasphemous Tome. It is purely a reward for the wonderful people who back us via Patreon.
The Blasphemous Tome is licensed for the Call of Cthulhu roleplaying game by Chaosium, inc.
If my, expected, copy of your esteemede zin did not reach my hands – can something be done.
Can it traced or otherwise confirmed.
Hi Pan Roman, Apologies if you’ve not received your tome. Can I ask you to log in to Patreon and message us there, that way I can check your address and so on. Many thanks!