The Blasphemous Tome is the semi-annual fanzine that we create for Patreon backers of The Good Friends of Jackson Elias podcast. It contains articles about RPGs, horror films and weird fiction, not to mention plenty of sanity-blasting artwork and original content for the Call of Cthulhu roleplaying game.
Everyone backing us via Patreon by the end of June 2022 will receive the Tome.
- $1 backers will receive a PDF copy
- $3 backers will receive a PDF copy and a voucher for a print-on-demand issue
- $5 backers will receive a PDF copy and a printed copy, signed by the Good Friends
A Brand-New Call of Cthulhu scenario
Featured in this issue is a new Call of Cthulhu scenario by our very own Paul Fricker, entitled “Step Into My Parlour”.
New York City is a dangerous place in the 1880s, all the more so for the presence of the so-called Spider Gang. The strange drugs they peddle warp both mind and body. A desperate fight for survival begins as the investigators find themselves caught in the gang’s web…
The cover comes from our good friend and comics legend Evan Dorkin, whose work has graced many previous Tomes. We also have illustrations from some favourite eldritch artists, including Lucy Fricker, Nefeli Mandilaras, Jason Shepherd, Ruben Strid, John Sumrow, and Andrew Trnacek.
Other articles in this issue include:
- Nicolas Jovanovic mulls over what makes for a good scenario name
- Step Into My Parlour
- A brand-new, full-length Call of Cthulhu scenario by Paul Fricker
- The Sandwich Horror
- Hilary Van De Burg offers a 1920s sandwich to accompany the cocktails found in previous issues
- The Doom-Love of Lith
- A tantalising snippet from the Livre d’Ivon, transcribed in the langue d’oïl by Gaspard du Nord
- Distinguishing the Horde
- Andrew Edward reminds us that monsters are people too
- Cthulhu Then! Or “This Grey Unpleasant Land”
- Ian Scanlon invites us to play Call of Cthulhu in the era that first spawned the game
- Anthony Lee-Dudley transports us to the Weird West for a colourful piece of flash fiction
- Paperbacks From Hell Revisited
- Scott Dorward offers capsule reviews of the latest lurid ’80s reprints from Valancourt Books
The Blasphemous Tome is a reward for the wonderful people who back us via Patreon.
The Blasphemous Tome is licensed for the Call of Cthulhu roleplaying game by Chaosium, inc.