The Blasphemous Tome is the semi-annual fanzine that we create for Patreon backers of The Good Friends of Jackson Elias podcast. It contains articles about RPGs, horror films and weird fiction, not to mention plenty of sanity-blasting artwork and original content for the Call of Cthulhu roleplaying game.
Everyone backing us via Patreon by the end of December 2021 will receive the Tome.
- $1 backers will receive a PDF copy
- $3 backers will receive a PDF copy and a voucher for a print-on-demand issue
- $5 backers will receive a PDF copy and a printed copy, signed by the Good Friends
A Brand-New Call of Cthulhu scenario
Featured in this issue is a new Call of Cthulhu scenario by our very own Scott Dorward, entitled “Night Bus”.
No one takes the night bus home from Central London unless they have to. The ride is rarely pleasant, with belligerent drunks, loud arguments, and entirely too many bodily fluids. Tonight’s journey will be even worse than usual. There are more terrible things ahead of you than mere Penge.
The cover comes from our good friend Nefeli Mandilaras whose work has graced many previous Tomes. We also have illustrations from some favourite eldritch artists, including Johan Criswell, Evan Dorkin, Lucy Fricker, Sam Lofti, and John Sumrow.
Other articles in this issue include:
- How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Setting
- Paul Fricker reveals his shifting relationship with RPG settings
- The Ludomancers
- The Good Friends discuss their favourite gaming experiences of 2021
- Night Bus
- A brand new, full-length Call of Cthulhu scenario by Scott Dorward
- A Lovecraftian Love Story
- Hannah Hobson shares a love powen with an eldritch twist
- Episodes of Insanity
- The Good Friends reveal their favourite episodes of 2021
- Cocktail Corner
- Matt Sanderson tempts us with another tasty cocktail recipe
- The Stranger
- Graeme Patrick details a gun-slinging avatar of Nyarlathotep, as encountered on the Ain’t Slayed Nobody podcast
- The Sanderson Collection
- Matt Sanderson unveils another rare tome from his library
- Containing Lovecraft
- Greg Osborne warns us of the dangers of Lovecraft’s Mythos becoming common knowledge
The Blasphemous Tome is a reward for the wonderful people who back us via Patreon.
The Blasphemous Tome is licensed for the Call of Cthulhu roleplaying game by Chaosium, inc.