Update: Some people have requested links to the various things we discuss in this episode. We’ve added some at the end of this post.
We’re back with something of an impromptu special. Scott recently joined our good friend Joe Trier of How We Roll for a chat about playing RPGs online. This seemed timely, with almost everyone we know going into self-quarantine due to COVID-19.
Our discussion covers tools and techniques, with an emphasis on how to get into online gaming for people who have never done so. While our main focus is on D&D and Call of Cthulhu, we do mention a few other suitable games.
If the format of this episode sounds different, this is because we recorded it for How We Roll. Joe has kindly agreed to let us release it on our feed. We have simply added our usual intro and outro to stop you getting too disorientated!
Things we mention in this episode include:
- Call of Cthulhu for Roll20
- Fantasy Grounds
- Google Drive
- Roll20 character sheets for Call of Cthulhu and other RPGs
- (Note: the Roll20 Call of Cthulhu dice roller has become much simpler recently)
- DM’s Guild
- Google Hangouts
- Rafael Chandler
- Call of Cthulhu
- ViewScream 2nd edition
- The various hacks we mention are in the first edition of ViewScream, which is now a free download.
- Call of Cthulhu Quickstart Rules
- The Call of Cthulhu Starter Set
- Call of Cthulhu Keeper Rulebook
- Doors to Darkness
- Dead Light and Other Dark Turns
- Gateways to Terror
- How We Roll Discord server
- The Good Friends of Jackson Elias Discord server
- The Good Friends of Jackson Elias Patreon
- How We Roll Patreon
- LFG (Looking For Group) on Reddit
- Google Calendar
- D&D Beyond
- The Dhole’s House
- The Call of Cthulhu subreddit
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | TuneIn | Deezer | RSS | More
15 March, 2023
1 March, 2023
1 March, 2023
25 January, 2023
5 January, 2023